SDR Analytics & Maritime specializes in professional engineering services for the PORTS AND maritime industry
Sandra D. Rice, P.E., President and Principal Engineer, has more than 25 years of waterfront engineering experience, delivering services for vessel berthing and mooring, navigation access and design, and protection of waterfront facilities from vessel propulsion effects in port, harbor, and river settings. Having evaluated and designed many mooring and navigation projects at U.S. and international locations, SDR brings a valuable combination of focused experience, technical expertise, and qualifications to your public or private project:
- Industry Relationships. Successful professional relationships with the port and marine operations managers and technical staff among various port authorities, cruise lines, local pilot associations, terminal operators, commerce navigation interests, real-time navigation simulation facilities, DoD organizations, the U.S. Coast Guard, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Commercial Project Experience. Extensive experience delivering specialized services for waterfront transportation projects across maritime market segments under SDR and while in senior-level engineering and lead practice area positions within the ports and maritime business group of Halcrow, Inc., River Consulting, LLC, CH2M Hill, Inc., and Gee & Jenson E-A-P, Inc.
- DoD/Military Project Experience. Extensive experience on military waterfront and ports projects, with their characteristically unique requirements, under SDR, at private sector firms, and as an Ocean/Civil Engineer for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC).
- Education. MS, Civil Engineering, George Washington University and BS, Ocean Engineering, Florida Institute of Technology.
- Registrations. Professional Engineer, Florida and Virginia.
- Award, Oct 2013. Meritorious Service Award from the Jacksonville Historic Naval Ship Association for engineering and technical support of the Adams Class Naval Ship Museum.
- Professional Affiliations and Publications. Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and U.S. Section PIANC. Academy of Coastal, Ocean, Port & Navigation Engineers (ACOPNE) Diplomate, Port Engineering and Navigation Engineering. Co-author of ASCE Ports technical papers on port berth improvement, navigation improvement design, and cruise ship mooring.